Thursday, January 15, 2009

"Complex" Condition Forces Steve Jobs To Take Medical Leave


Uh-oh!

It doesn't look good for Apple's Steve Jobs!

Earlier this month he addressed the public through an email on the Apple website in what he had hoped would be his first and final statement on his declining health.

It seems that his health has taken a turn for the worse as he has issued another email stating that he will be taking a medical leave until June.

Says Jobs:

"Unfortunately, the curiosity over my personal health continues to be a distraction not only for me and my family, but everyone else at Apple as well. In addition, during the past week I have learned that my health-related issues are more complex than I originally thought. In order to take myself out of the limelight and focus on my health, and to allow everyone at Apple to focus on delivering extraordinary products, I have decided to take a medical leave of absence until the end of June."

In the meantime, Apple's chief operating officer, Tim Cook, will be in charge.

Feel better soon Steve!

[Image via AP Images.]

No comments: